Friday, November 16, 2007

Hella Nuts!

Chad and I are a couple of Hella Jongerius nuts. We have 3 of her vases (2 from Ikea, pictured above), 2 of her Repeat textiles from Maharam, and now we are contemplating on getting the big bowl with the cluster of roses and beading (the first picture), it will be a Christmas gift to ourselves! We made 3 large cushions with one of the Repeat fabrics that we've been enjoying very much, and we still don't know what to do with the other one, pictured below.It would be an overkill to use it in the living room, so I'm thinking of using it on a love seat that we could put in our bedroom. Like this sofa here, but using cheap Ikea love seat ($169!!!), the fabric is about 3 yards by 6 feet tall, I'm thinking of mixing it with grey felt coz I don't think it's enough fabric to cover that love seat. I also thought of making a nice headboard with it and pad it with down feathers. Got any other good ideas for me on how to use this fabric?

No comments: