Monday, August 4, 2008

My Faves- Deborah

To kick off My Favorite Posts this month is Deborah van der Schaff from Netherlands. This was one of my earliest posts (posted Oct. 31, 2007) and the artworks were submitted by Deborah.
I am so excited to post this because I hate to write about people that you have already seen in other blogs. Today I introduce you Deborah van der Schaaf from Rotterdam, Holland. I met her through Etsy, she was going to buy my print but ended up trading our portfolios and infos. She graduated from Willem de Kooning Academy 5 years ago and has been doing some really beautiful editorial works. I like how she is highly skilled in different media and her illustrations are cleverly conceptual, and cute. The flies illustration comes from a Dutch expression "to make an elephant out of a fly", meaning to make a big deal of something unimportant, it was used for an article on gossip news. Click on the picture for a larger image, connect the red dots (with your eyes) and you will see the silhouette of an elephant!

No comments: