Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Limited Run Opening

We went up to Beacon for the annual print print that I'm in, and my new friend Kendall brought her band Mascott to play that night, it was so great that Kalene of Open Space Gallery put my poster close to the "stage" (in case you don't know, I did a poster for one of Mascott's songs on her new CD. The show was so inspiring, and it features some of my favorite artists like Wayne Pate, Amy Ruppel, Caroline Hwang. One new discovery is this little art star called Bryce Edwards, he did these limited edition of 3 stencil artworks, watch out, this little guy is going to rule the art world in a few years! We bought the black owl print by Wayne, Chad got a zine, and a very interesting print which I will write about later. Beacon is a quiet little town that I've grown to really love, thanks to Dia and Open Space Gallery for the cool art scene, it is very worth a trip if you have the chance. I wish that I went up there for Andy Rementer's first solo art show that ended right before the print show, I'm thinking of getting this shoe print...images: wonting, Open Space

2 comments:

Jen Collins said...

that looks like such an awesome show.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to say that I really liked your prints at OpenSpace. The Pup In Central Park is a welcome addition to my print collection. Your other prints were great too, but I could only allow myself to buy one!