Thursday, November 15, 2007

Miki Tanaka

Most people who know me have seen me wearing the beetle necklace by my good friend Miki Tanaka. I am a loyal customer, I stick to a few designers that I go back to year after year, and Miki's jewelry is one of them. Every season she comes out with pieces that are very thoughtful and imaginative, but still maintains her signature organic style. She's always inspired by her travels and her Japanese upbringing, like the bugs series came from her trip back home and was fascinated by these funny creatures. For her latest collection, Miki uses simple floral pattern as her theme which is engraved on each design, it is a softer and delicate group compared to her previous work, the precious little 18K gold pendant necklace is my favorite. These are Miki's men's collection but I think women can wear these necklaces as well. You can find Miki's jewlery at Opening Ceremony in New York and L.A. and Shopbop.

No comments: