Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Radio Station EVER!

My friend in Seattle told me the good news that my favorite radio station from Seattle- KEXP will be simulcasting on WNYE 91.5 FM in New York starting March 24, you can read about it here. I'm so stoked because I've been listening to the live broadcast online and soon I'll be able to listen to it when I'm not glued to the computer! My favorite shows are John in the Morning (weekdays from 6am-10pm Seattle time), and Cheryl Waters (weekdays from 10am-2pm), they are THE sources for cool indie music. There are also lots of live performances at their studio, by major artists like M.I.A., Bob Mould, Les Savy Favs and The Kills. Their website is also a great place for podcasts and streaming archive of shows from the past 2 weeks. Trust me, you will be hooked on the station if you give it a try!

Correction
- Thanks to my good friend Fritz who wrote me after he read this post, he reminded me that WNYE will only simulcast John in the Morning (from 6am-10am Seattle time, NY time is yet to be confirmed) for now. You can listen to all the shows on line.
image: kexp.org

No comments: