Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Five Whats

Today I'm staring a new feature called "Five Whats", a fun Q&A with my artist and designer friends.

To kick off the series is my good friend Faiyaz Jafri from New York City. Originally from the Netherlands, his works can be seen all over the world, mainly in Europe.


1. What did you like to draw when you were little?

Trees, all by hand, there where no computers when I was young. My dad would have me make a ton of them and he would give them to all is friends and family.


2. If you won the lottery would you still work as an artist? If so, what kind of project(s) would you like to do?

Yes, I would still be an artist, I would start a publishing house, produce my own toys and instead of finding a sponsor for big projects, I would finance them myself.


3. If you weren't in the art business what would you most likely be?

A teacher.


4. What is your least favorite food?

Anything with mint in it. It's like eating toothpaste.


5. What was the proudest moment of your life?

Becoming a father. Twice. Although my wife did most of the work, I still felt pretty proud.

images: Faiyaz Jafri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the five whats. How about the five whys?