Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweding

In a previous post I mentioned that I can't wait to see Michel Gondry's new movie- Be Kind Rewind, it is opening this Friday Feb 22, finally! I went to the official website and learned a new vocab- sweding, it means "remaking something from scratch using whatever you can get your hands on." So in that spirit, the first thing I encountered entering the website was my internet got magnetized and destroyed and it needed to be recreated, the 2 images above are the recreations of Google and You Tube. Very clever, right?!

Michel Gondry also has a show at Deitch Gallery that he recreated the set of the video store in the movie. Bet is is a lot of fun and allows visitors to interact with the installations, so make sure you go there on a slow day to fully enjoy the show, which opened on Saturday Feb 16 and closes on March 22 (Tues-Sat: 12pm-6pm) at Deitch Projects- 18 Wooster Street, 213.343.7300.
images: bekindmovie.com and Deitch Project

No comments: