Monday, January 14, 2008

Inspired!

I've been a fan of Friends with You's for a few years now, I finally had some free time to read their book- "FWY Have Powers" last week and I was blown away by the amount of work they've done in such a short time- from art installations, animations and videos, to toys. I really admire artists who get to do the kind of art they love and are commissioned to do large-scale installations all over the world, the guys from Friends with You are those artists who get to do so. But such success didn't happen without hard work, I know that they work very long hours every single day, and most of their installations are labor-intensive. For example, the white furry object below, it's an installation of a Volkswagon Fox covered in fake fur called Albino Fox, they also did the interior of the car! I don't think I would ever want to devote so much time to my career like FWY, but their hard work and fun attitude towards art are very inspiring.

No comments: