Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Etsy Faves

It's been a while since I did one of these Etsy picks, and I really heart these new peeps. Studio MIKMIK is a new Etsian, I first noticed his work from my Gocco team on Flickr, it is really good and very different from most other Gocco prints I've seen, so congrats MIKMIK! Another great Etsian is Cabin + Cub, her collages are so precious, I love the vintage children's book cut outs with thick white outlines and the cute little droplets, everything is collaged on paper-backed wood veneer, and it's a steal for only $25 each! The third newish Etsian is Paige Russell, her Bad Beaver Vase is so clever and has a great shape to hold just a few tall flowers. I might have to splurge and get it. She also makes vessels in the shapes of classic American cars- a camper, a 4 by 4, an RV, and a monster truck, how funny is she?! The last one is Bird and Banner who's been getting a lot of great press, people are crazy over their greeting "cards" screen printed on vintage handkerchiefs, but my favorite is their "Sew" In Love DIY card kit. I just love anything that has a clever play with words.
photos: Etsy

No comments: