Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spitalfields

I've seen so many inspiring things in London that I don't really know where to begin! I'm going to start with my favorite neighborhood- Spitalfields. Chad and I went to Spitalfields Market on Sunday and the first thing we did was brunch at S&M (Sausage & Mash), I love that they have Edie and Patsy (of Ab Fab) on the cover of their menu! The beautiful weather probably brought more than usual crowd to the Sunday Market, lots of thrift shops and delicious food stalls. It was Design Week there so there were pop-up shows all over the city, these pics are from the Berlin Design Show on Brick Lane.My favorite shops in Spitalfields are: Tatty Devine- fun jewelry made of plastic but are very very well-made, their creative designs appeal to women of all ages. I noticed some of the ladies I met had on their guitar picks necklace and vinyl records bracelets and I knew I had to go there! The shop in Brick Lane used to be their workshop and is now a showroom/retail shop. They have done some pretty amazing collaborations with artists like Gilbert and George and Rob Ryan. My favorite is the pen and ink collection, I bought this ink drops charm necklace! Labour and Wait- I'm sure it's been written on many design blogs before, this shop carries only objects that are beautifully designed AND functional. I wanted to get these things and ended up getting the pencil box. Rough Trade- I remember going to the one in Soho years ago and this one is a mega store, even with a cafe! We got an Indie Rock compilations and 2 Rough Trade totes.
All Saints- It is a chain boutique but Spitalfields is its headquarter. It is my favorite clothing store in London, I would be very happy wearing their clothes everyday. They are affordable but super stylish and edgy. Just found out that they do mail order, I'm eyeing this trench coat!!!photos: Labour and Wait, Rough Trade, All Saints, Wonting

No comments: