Wednesday, September 3, 2008

TADO at Magic Pony

I had a great time in Toronto and I will list all the reasons why tomorrow. The highlight of the trip was to get to hang out with Katie and Mike of TADO. Chad and I went to Magic Pony for their art exhibition and toy release party last Thursday and they did not disappoint their fans, they spent nearly 5 minutes drawing on each mini figure, see the picture below. The folks at Magic Pony were so thoughtful that they served plenty of cupcakes, watermelons, and fried chicken at the party! This was the best toy release party EVER! The show is called "Lily: The Tiniest Cannibal", all the artworks (which include paintings, prints, stuffed and crochet toys, and wooden figures) and toys feature Lily, who was raised in the forest, and her cannibal monster gang. The mini figures are super cute, now I have to bug Chad for the entire set, my favorite is the egg, it is a nesting set with 2 mini eggs inside. I was delighted to see some Gocco prints because it's important to have accomplished artists like TADO supporting the medium that's facing extinction.
photos: Magic Pony, Kidrobot and Wonting