Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Top Five Morrissey Songs

To celebrate Morrissey's birthday tomorrow (may 22), I ask my friends what their top five Morrissey songs are, and the results are very interesting, do you agree with any of them? I especially love how some of the peeps quote his lyrics like poetry, well to many of us he is the greatest living poet!

Hannah Clarke- New York City
"my choices are definitely plucked from that hazy abyss of highschool...so they are the most delightfully narcissistic/martyr-y of his ouevre!"

1. Unloveable- because "I wear black on the outside, because black is how I feel on the inside..." (!)

2. How Soon is Now?

3. I Don't Mind if You Forget Me

4. Stretch Out and Wait

5. I Won't Share You


Tech- New York City
1. Panic (that's me in 1986 my 1st time in London, Smithin' it up)

2. How Soon is now

3. America is not the world

4. Please plese please let me get what I want
5. The Boy with the thorn in his side

Justin- New York City
1. this Charming Man

2. How soon is Now? ( of course!!)

3. Everyday is Like Sunday

4. William it Was Nothing

5. please, please, please let me get what I want ( so sad )

photos: it's morrissey world, morrissey solo

No comments: