Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Five Whats with Maryink

Mary is Chad's friend from high school in Nashville, she moved to New York for college and worked as a photo stylist. Now Mary is happily married to Chris and live in East Nashville. Their baby- Maryink, is one of the most popular shops on Etsy! Here are the Five Whats:
What is your all-time favorite product in your shop and why?
It's a tie- I love the Arcadia votive set (above), it's dreamy and cool. The French ad copy t-shirt (below) is a fave, too, which is something that Chris made.

What is your dream job (project)?
I'd love to do something for John Derian. I want everything in his store, and I love the decoupage he does.

What are your inspirations?
I have a lot, and current ones are: fairy tales, Spring, 50-60's kitchen items, Georgian and Victorian gloominess.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to take bike rides in the big park by my apartment. The path meanders by the river, and sometimes it seems like I am in the middle of nowhere. I also like to garden, and I'm excited to start my tomato container garden once it warms up.

What kind of music do you listen to? Favorite bands?
Right now, I listen to the Knife, Dungen, Stereo Total, old David Bowie, and Vive la Fete the most.


images: maryink.etsy.com, thanks Mary!

No comments: