Friday, August 28, 2009

A Solution for Hanging A Giant Print

For the kitchen, I bought a vintage French botanical chart on eBay that doesn't come with a wooden dowel that you can hang from the top just like any other botanical chart. I was going to make one myself to simulate the look but unsure how to make it, now I don't need to. I saw this picture in September issue of British Elle Decoration and this is the answer to my dilemma! First of all, the whole look of the room is so us (except Chad has a much larger vinyl collection and we don't like dead animal heads), it's hard to tell but that lamp base is a squirrel! Ok, back to print, the bird print looks like is mounted on some kind of cardboard and is just hanging from that clip on top, easy as pie, I can do that, guess that's my project for the weekend!

image: British Elle Decoration

No comments: